Embrace the Pow Broncos Fans!
Looking out the window of Stella PR + Marketing’s office at the recently snow-covered creek only gets us more excited for the SIA Snow Show in Denver! From January 30 to February 2, the Colorado Convention Center will be home to more than 1,000 snow sports brands from across the globe. It’s where industry leaders get to present new styles and technologies for 2015, and suppliers, buyers, media, retailers and resorts will all be there to shop, share, and discuss.
More than 19,000 attendees and 96 percent of the $3.4 billion industry under one roof, the SIA Snow Show is the largest global snow sports tradeshow. There’s a lot going on, so here are the Top 5 things to know about this year’s Snow Show:
- First off, Epic/Vail Resorts will be one of the many attendees – so take time to stop by Booth 1136 for the chance to score an Epic Pass for an exclusive $279! Now that’s what we call EPIC.
- Snow Show registration fees go to worthy initiatives sponsored by SIA. They’ve teamed up with various ski resorts for Learn to Ski & Snowboard Month to encourage newcomers to the sport with discounted lesson programs, while Winter Trails Day offers the opportunity each January for kids and adults to try cross-country skiing and snowshoeing for free. SIA also sponsors the Snow Sports Recycling Program, which successfully recycled 350 tons of used skis and snowboards last year.
- Free and open to the public, SIA will be hosting a special screening of the critically acclaimed documentary The Crash Reel at 6pm in the Colorado Convention Center’s Mile High Ballroom following the first day of the Snow Show. The Crash Reel follows the moving story of pro athlete Kevin Pearce and his comeback from a traumatic brain injury. Kevin and his brother Adam will be there in person to take questions from the audience, so start thinking up some good ones.
- Day 3 of the Snow Show will host “The Schmooz” in the Grand Concourse of the Convention Center at 10 a.m. Put on your best smile and print out that resume because The Schmooz is open to the public and a great opportunity for the industry’s leading employers and potential employees to get together for a day of face-to-face interviews and networking.
- Once all the booths are packed, it’s up to the mountains. The final hurrah of the Snow Show takes place at Copper Mountain with the two-day On-Snow Demo. February 3-4 will be the first chance for industry professionals to truly test out all the new gear and equipment; out in the open on some fresh powder.
For those who can’t make it out to this year’s Snow Show our buddies, Universal Sports Network, will be presenting an hour-long exclusive look into the Snow Show on February 8. They’ll be visiting various booths and conducting interviews at the show and On-Snow Demo.
We’re expecting more snowfall this weekend, so whether you’re at the Snow Show or hitting the slopes – embrace the pow and don’t forget GO BRONCOS!!